Sunday, May 2, 2010

My little Man

WOW!! What a couple of weeks... I'm not really sure where to start... Some very life changing events occurring... i wont share about my own personal ones, well because this is a family blog, and i tend to use four letter descriptive words when talking about my personal issues... However... JOHNATHON HAS HAD A HUGE WEEK!.... Pictured here is His piano teacher and himself after his second recital... he did amazing!!!

He is such a handsome little man, and such a little miracle to have in my daily life, i forgot to tell family and friends about the recital, as he was at his dads this weekend... but i ended up with an entourage of friends there, and I was so proud of him!
Another HUGE event for Johnathon this week was his graduation from cub scouts... he earned his arrow of light award, and is moving onto boy scouts (scary!) he has worked so hard on his, and it has been such a big part of our lives, we have been with this group for over four years now, and it is really shaping who he is, and i think he tends to help shape a few others as well... here he is with a giant picture frame i made for him with all of his awards and achievements, as well as pictures of activities through out the years... amazing.


Here he is with Jim Sherman, we have known Jim for years also, he always does our arrow of light ceremony, and talks about his ways of life.... It was really neat to find out he is one of my dads good friends, when my dad came to the ceremony, i found out they have been friends for a long time as well.... small world.


Here is the whole group... I'm so proud of all of them, and what an amazing group of leaders as well.... I love it
Well... that's my update for the week... i was missing my heather... so i made a surprise visit to Ogden Friday to check in on her.... You would think that a surprise visit from a parent to a young adult wouldn't be received that well... but as steph and i pulled up to the restaurant she works at for lunch... you could hear the squeal of "mommy" from outside the door... and my beautiful daughter shot through the door and almost knocked me off my feet with a tackle/hug... i love her so much...
:::pulls out the soap box kept around for when moments like this hit::::
You know... We have had some of the hardest trials given to us in our life times... I'm not talking about all of us in general... I'm talking about my little family of three... we have been handed more than our share of issues, drama, pain, guilt... FEAR.... abandonment, and stress.... But i am grateful for every bit of it... because we have been blessed with more than our share of love, happiness, miracles, friends, hope, and good times as well.... i wish i could for one second get someone who isn't grateful to be alive, or isn't happy with themselves or their lives to look at things through my eyes... and really get a look at the bigger picture... because lets be honest, my life is so bizarre, that it is impossible to have tunnel vision... too much stuff from too many angles.... I think that maybe if everyone took a step back and looked at the forest instead of the trees... they would see what a beautiful damn forest it is...
One more thing... i feel safe saying this... because she never checks blogs... but I think some of my family does (cousins and such) My cousin/neighbor/hero Michelle is counted as one of the biggest blessings in my life... I tell her this all of the time, but unfortunately I am always telling her that as she is saving me again... When you talk about people that are always there for you... I have been blessed with so many... but I am especially grateful for her... love her!
:::soap box tucked neatly away for hopefully a while:::::





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It always seems when you least expect it that's when they show up. You always have been and always will be one of my best friends. In fact, more like a sister to me. Believe it or not, you have been a definite blessing in my life. I love ya!!!! J-Man Congratulations on graduating Cub Scouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv ya,
Michelle